Since 1961, the Reading Hot Stovers, a volunteer nonprofit organization, has been awarding college scholarships to Berks County high school baseball and softball players who excel on the field, in the classroom, and in the community. With the help of generous donors, we have been able to award close to $200K in scholarships to our area athletes. We are proud of our legacy.
As we approach our 60th anniversary we would like to offer you an opportunity to create your own legacy which will enable a Berks County high school baseball and/or softball player to pursue their college dream.
- Establish a College Scholarship Fund in Your Name, or Business/Organization with a $1,500 annual donation
- Contribute to a Legacy Fund with either a $100, $250, or $500 annual donation
- Be a Supporter with a donation in any amount
Your donation will help with such costs as tuition, room and board, or books for a selected applicant who meets the following criteria:
- High school senior, accepted into an accredited university, college, community college, or trade school
- Played at least two years of baseball or softball at the high school level
- Is in the top 50% of his or her graduating class with at least a 2.5 GPA
OR download and complete our donation form
Please join in this unique opportunity to make a difference in the life of a Berks County student athlete. With your support baseball and softball will continue to thrive in our community and we will be able to recognize those students who love the game.
On behalf of all the volunteers of the Hot Stovers, thank you very much for your generosity.